Privacy Notice for LAWLINE
The present policy can evolve according to the legal and statutory context and to the policies and obligations imposed by competent authorities in Mauritius as well.
LAWLINE shall collect and process your personal data pursuant to Agreement with us. The collection and processing of Personal Data of a Client shall be governed by the Data Protection Act 2017.
We shall act as controller and/ or processor, as the case may be, in collecting or processing your personal data in accordance with applicable laws.
Collection of Personal data
The types of personal data that may be collected are as follows:
- Name, title/ position
- Date of Birth
- Contact details: email address and phone number(s)
- Bank account details
- ID Number
- Information, materials and communications
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our business
- Location details
- Photos if applicable
- Details of your visits to our offices; and
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
Purposes of the collection
The services offered by our offices gives an explicit, justifiable and determined purpose for the collection of data.
Your data are mainly collected for the following purposes:
- Verification of identity of customer as required by law
- Management and follow-up of your file
- Applications for residence and working permits, naturalisation and citizenship
- Acquisition of property
- Invitation and registration for the events organised by the offices
- Personalised request
- Litigation purposes
Disclosure of data
All Personal Data collected shall remain confidential and shall not be communicated to any third party except when required by law or a regulator or as provided below.
We shall communicate your personal data to authorized recipients:
- if it is required by any competent authority or court in relation to any legal procedures or claims which may occur.
- if the recipients of your personal data are related to our services or authorized subcontractors or the regulators.
- Some of these recipients are situated outside the Republic of Mauritius
LAWLINE keeps your data only for the duration necessary for the operations for which the data were collected and for such period that we the legally obliged to keep the data.
Personal Data Security
Where applicable, we shall share and transfer personal data in accordance with the Mauritius Data Protection Act 2017. We shall take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction of your personal data. Personal data may be stored on our own technological system with appropriate safeguard and security in place.
Access to your personal data
Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. We shall take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal data.
Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating.
Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. We will assess any deletion request on a case-to-case basis and will endeavor to respond to you as soon as possible.
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use other types of cookies as well in order to make our service more user-friendly and effective.
Rue de la Democratie, Ebene, Mauritius
Emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline: +230 465-4199